Sam drives ecosystem growth by nurturing DAOs (decentralized autonomous organizations) on Harmony. Previously, Sam drove strategic partnerships and product marketing at ThunderCore and was the founding operational director at Tezos Commons Foundation. Prior to crypto, Sam built strategic partnership programs for Nok Nok Labs and a national distribution network for Avira.
Sam holds a BA in Philosophy with an emphasis in ethical systems from the University of Utah, and published his undergraduate research on Immanuel Kant in 2005. He graduated from the Santa Clara University School of Law with a JD specializing in corporate governance and intellectual property protection. After Law School, Sam earned his MBA at Santa Clara University's Leavey School of Business, graduating with an emphasis in Finance and winning the Belottii Prize for his capstone work in on-line distribution of video content. A proud father, avid board game player, and enthusatic reader of all things science-fiction, Sam is also an Eagle Scout.
- DAOs: Lead the formation, education and operation of all DAO initiatives.
- Grants: Evaluate, approve, and follow-up on participants in the Grant Program with a special emphasis on DAOs.
- Monthly Deliverables: 2021 Oct
- Fund Validator, Community, Incubator, Developer DAOs and open Candidates for Creative and Matching DAOs.
- Deploy DAO tools Aragon, DAOhaus and Coordinape and finalize partnerships with Alchemist, MetaGammaDelta and RaidGuild.
- Grow Grants pipeline with 48-hour response time, and initial feedback within one week.
- Quarterly Milestones: 2021 Q4
- Engage 7 DAOs beyond Governors and elections with on-chain votes and projects completed. Launch Basic DAO.
- Evaluate all DAO Tooling List to deploy Governance, Analytics, Compensation and Reputation tools.
- Close 5 additional DAO partnerships with $50K. Complete 1 DAO hackathon and confirm 2 additional hackathons.
- Yearly Planning: 2022Q1 - Q4
- DAOs: Deploy 10 DAOs with regular elections and DAO-managed payroll. Facilitate 50 active Native DAOs by community.
- Research / Development: Launch Harmony-wide DAO study on lessons learned in human remote coordination as framework for further DAO-ification in 2023.
- Events: Attend 12 events in 2022 - a combination of Team and Community events. Co-sponsor 6 hackathons with DAO-tooling organizations.
Past 6-Month Achievements
- Ecosystem: Launched 4 Harmony DAOs (1, 2, 3, 4), 3 partnership on DAO tools (1, 2, 3), and 3 DAO collaborations (1, 2, 3).
- Community: Launched Harmony Garage video campaign with 10 videos and 14,000+ views, AMAs with Peter Abilla, Sahil Dewan, Zi Wang (Timeless), Drew Stone (Webb), Michael Bramlage (Quidd), Leo Cheng (Cream), Qiao Wang (DeFi Alliance).
- Grant (w/ Jack & Giv): Reviewed 59 proposals, declined 19, approved 30, funded 2 of total $9.1M.